Air conditioning service is an essential service to call as an AC owner. This is one service you should never postpone because it can have long-lasting effects on your air conditioner. Atlantic Beach AC repair companies recommend servicing your AC at least twice a year. So what will happen to your AC if you don’t get your air conditioner serviced? Here’s the answer!
Consequences of Not Doing AC Service
- Dirty units: If your air conditioner has not been serviced in a long time, chances are your unit has accumulated dirt. This accumulation means that every time your AC is turned on, it cracks up dirt in your home.
- Health issues: This is one of the most dangerous consequences. A dirty air conditioner promotes bacterial and fungal growth. These bacterias can then seep into all rooms in your home and cause infections or other health issues.
- Activating allergies: Your air conditioner also works as an air purification unit. Without regular servicing, the pollens and dust particles it collects can be re-spread in your home. This is a vicious cycle that will activate your allergies even when it isn’t allergy season.
- Warranty cancellation: Most homeowners buy AC units with 2-5 year warranties. However, Atlantic beach AC repair, maintenance, and installation contractors have a clause for AC warranty. You have to get your AC serviced at least once a year. If this condition isn’t fulfilled, you will void your warranty.
- No lubrication: All mechanical parts in your unit work well when they’re lubricated together. However, they need to be lubricated or oiled regularly. Without this, the parts create more friction when the air conditioner is working. If the air conditioner is used for an extended period in this condition, the belts, plates, and motor can break.
- Expensive repairs: Waiting to solve a problem can make it worse. It is especially true in the case of air conditioner units. If you don’t search for “AC companies near me” at the right time, you may have to spend extra to fix the issue in the future.
These are only some of the problems that will arise if your AC isn’t serviced regularly. Thankfully, this can all be avoided if you call for an air conditioner maintenance service regularly. This service generally includes:
- Inspection of mechanical parts
- Oiling of mechanical parts
- Inspection and maintenance of refrigerant levels
- Cleaning and replacement of air filters
- Replacement and cleaning of evaporator and condenser coils
- Cleaning, inspection, and lubrication of motors
- Inspection of electrical connections
- Inspection and recalibration of thermostats
- Measure airflow (quantity, quality, and temperature)
- Inspection of ductwork
A good, professional contractor will help you solve all AC problems. If you don’t have an HVAC contractor, you can contact Island Heating and Conditioning. We have hands-on experience in all types of air conditioning and heating units.
We can help you save money on your air conditioner’s regular maintenance. You can find us by searching for “air conditioning installation near me.” You can contact us on (904) 333-6749 to book our services. You can also email your questions to us at email@example.com.